15 excuses people make

Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted are You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.(3:191)

  1.   Excuse #1:Allah is al-Ghafoorar-Raheem. He will forgive me<br />Reply: Yes, surely Allaah is al-Ghafoorar-Raheem but, did you forget, O Muslim, that He also said that He is ash-Shadeedul-Iqaab (severe in punishment).“And fear Allaah much and know that Allaah is Severe in punishment.” (Surah al-Baqarah:196)<br />
  2. Reply: Praying Salaat at its proper appointed times is an obligation on every single person. Whoever deliberately misses a prayer exposes himself to the wrath of Allaah, and the wise believer does not do something which he knows could result in punishment.Just look at what the people of Hell will say when asked:“What has caused you to enter Hell?” They will say: “We were not among those who prayed (Salaat).” [Surah al-Muddaththir:42-43]The Prophet (Sal AllaahuAlaiyhiwaSallam) said: “Between a man and kufr and shirk, there stands his giving up prayer.” (Muslim)<br />Excuse #2: I know I have to pray, but I am too tired/lazy.<br />
  3. 5. Excuse #3: I am SO busy at work, I don’t have time to pray<br />Reply: So you mean to tell me that you can’t take out even a few minutes out of the whole 24 hours to worship the very One Who created you in the first place?? You mean you don’t have time to thank the Lord of the worlds for everything He’s given you…..ALL His blessings?? What kind of ungrateful soul are you??!!<br />
  4. 6. Excuse #4: I pray; I just delay it until it is convenient for me or I pray it Qadaa<br />Reply: You should understand that delaying prayer beyond the time when it is due is a major sin, because Allaah says:<br />“Verily, As-Salaah (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours.” [Surah al-Nisa':103]<br />
  5. 7. Excuse #5: I pray the 4 prayers. I only miss Fajr because I have to do Ghusl.<br />Reply: Allaah has enjoined upon you and me the FIVE prayers, NOT FOUR. How can a Muslim willingly expose himself to the wrath of Allaah and His punishment, just because he finds it difficult to do ghusl? In fact, it is NOT difficult to do ghusl, it is VERY easy, apart from the tricks that the Shaytaan tries to play on people. Allaah is talking to you and me when He says:“Enter completely in Islam (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islamic religion).” [Baqarah :208]<br />
  6. 8. Excuse #6: My position/boss/studies/does not allow me<br />Reply: Remember that the Prophet (pbuh) mentioned prayer one day and said: “Whoever observes it regularly, it will be light and a proof and salvation on the Day of Resurrection, and whoever does not observe it regularly, it will not be a light or a proof or salvation for him, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be with Qaroon, Fir’aun, Hamaan and UbayyibnKhalaf.” (Ahmad).<br />
  7. 9. Reply: Remember that it is not your boss, but Allaah that provides RIZQ for you and me. <br />Excuse #7: If I pray, I will be fired from my job!<br />
  8. 10. Excuse #8: I want to pray but my children are so young I can’t leave them and pray<br />“O you who believe! Let not your properties or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allaah. And whosoever does that, then they are the LOSERS.” (Surah al-Munaafiqoon:9)<br />
  9. 11. Reply: How can a Muslim feel embarrassed about proclaiming the truth and worshipping his Lord openly, hastening to fulfill the command of Allaah at the time when Allaah has said it is to be done? Also, if you uphold your duty to pray, Allaah will never let you down. He is the one to protect you and save you from all harm, no matter what anyone tries to plot against you. Remember that the one who is protected by Allaah, NO ONE CAN HARM.<br />Excuse #9: I can’t pray at my job/school/public place. I am too embarrassed /they will think I am a TERRORIST<br />
  10. 12. Excuse #10: If I pray, people will think that I show off. So I don’t pray.<br />Reply: Just as the Shaytaan comes to the Muslim to make him admire his actions and show off to people, sometimes he uses the opposite trick and makes a person think that he is showing off while fulfilling his religious obligations, so that he will not do it. So just ignore these whisperings from the Shaytaan and don’t let him keep you away from this major Ibadah. DO NOT let him win.<br />
  11. 13. Excuse #11: I have made/am making so many mistakes in my life, it is no use for me to pray. Allaah will never forgive me<br />Reply: Now, this is another one of the tricks of Shaytaan.He does not want you to do Tawbah, because he knows, if you sincerely repent to Allaah for ALL that you have done, Allaah WILL FORGIVE YOU.<br />
  12. 14. Excuse #12: I don’t pray, but I have a good heart. <br />Reply: The Prophet (Sal AllaahuAlaiyhiwaSallam) said: “The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad.” (Tabarani).<br />
  13. 15. Excuse #13: But, I pray every Jumuah. Isn’t that enough?<br />Reply: With regard to the ruling on one who prays Jumu’ah only, some of the scholars are of the view that one who prays Jumu’ah only is a kaafir, because he comes under the same ruling as one who does not pray at all, because he prays only one of the thirty-five prayers required each week, so he is like one who does not pray at all. (FatawaShaykhibnBaaz and IbnUthaymeen).Some scholars said that he is not a kaafir but he is committing a great sin that is worse than riba (usury), adultery, stealing, drinking alcohol etc.<br />
  14. 16. Excuse #14: My spouse/parents don’t pray. Why  should I? should I?<br />Reply: Just because your family does something sinful, does not mean that you do the same. Remember, they will NOT be there to save you when Allaah will ask YOU about YOUR Salaah. In fact, your duty is to call them to Allah by advising them and setting a good example for them to follow.<br />
  15. 17. Excuse #15: I will pray when I am older/after Hajj/ Ramadhan<br />Reply: Do you want to be from these people that Allaah is talking about??“Then, there has succeeded them a generation who have given up As-Salaah and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.” [Maryam:59]And, how do you know you will live to be older? Or live until Hajj or Ramadhaan??What if you die tomorrow?? What if it was today???<br />
  16. 18. CONCLUSION: There can be no excuses as far as Salaah is concerned. We have to pray all the five prayers and all of them on time.“O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds).” [ al-Tawbah:119]<br />“Guard strictly the (five obligatory) prayers, especially the middle Salaat (˜Asr). And stand before Allaah with obedience.” [Surah al-Baqarah 2:238]
Powered by Blogger.